The 2015 Palm Springs Hot Rodeo and Country Fair will return from April 30th – May 3rd in Palm Springs and Banning. The annual rodeo festival, produced by the Greater Palm Springs Chapter of the Golden State Gay Rodeo Association (GSGRA), will welcome hundreds of rodeo enthusiasts and fun-seekers for a full weekend of dancing, drinking, pool parties, contests and a real country fair. Rodeo Competition, Festivities and Country Fair will be held on Saturday and Sunday May 2nd and 3rd at the AC Dysart Equestrian Park in Banning, CA, 25 minutes outside of Palm Springs. The remainder of the Hot Rodeo events will be held in Palm Springs and Cathedral City, with host hotel Caliente Tropics Resort being central to the West Valley events.
Here’s a rundown of the weekend’s events, with entry fees where applicable:
- Thursday, April 30, 6pm – Dance Contest – Country Style at Digs in Cathedral City.
- Thursday, April 30, 9:30pm – Hot Rodeo & Country Fair Kick-Off Party at Hunters Nightclub in Palm Springs.
- Friday, May 1, 12pm – Hot Rodeo & Country Fair Pool Party at the host hotel in Palm Springs.
- Friday, May 1, 6pm – Hot Rodeo Contestant Registration and Pie Baking Contest at the host hotel in Palm Springs. Fees vary.
- Friday, May 1, 6:30pm – Hot Rodeo Poker Run, a poker-themed pub-crawl starting at the host hotel in Palm Springs. Buy-In to compete is $5.
- Saturday, May 2, 9am to 5pm – Country Fair and Rodeo festivities Day #1 in Banning. Admission is $20 (or $100 VIP) good for both Saturday and Sunday.
- Saturday May 2, 7pm – Dancing Under The Stars, an outdoor party in the parking lot at Spurline Video Lounge in Palm Springs. Admission is $10 at the door.
- Sunday, May 3, 9am to 5pm – Country Fair and Rodeo festivities Day #2 in Banning. Sunday is also Family Fun Day at the Hot Rodeo and Country Fair. Parents are encouraged to bring their kids along.
- Sunday, May 3, 8pm – Hot Rodeo Awards Ceremony and poolside Celebration of Champions back at the host hotel in Palm Springs.
The Hot Rodeo is the culmination of a year’s worth of rodeo events and fundraisers for deserving nonprofits in the community. This year’s beneficiaries are The Life Group L.A., The LGBT Community Center of the Desert, and White Rock Ranch Horse Rescue and Retirement, Inc. “We are very committed to the community, giving back and partnering with other nonprofits in Southern California,” said Jeff Rosenberg, President of the Greater Palm Springs Chapter of the GSGRA.
The Greater Palm Springs Chapter of the Golden State Gay Rodeo is a 501(c) 3 nonprofit organization consisting of men and women promoting western lifestyle and rodeo. It was founded in January 2000, and raises money year-round for its beneficiary charities.
For tickets and complete festival and event information, visit hotrodeo.org.