By Bronwyn Ison
Do you feel as though you cannot complete your multiple tasks throughout the day? You are not alone. Most people feel overwhelmed by their to-do lists. It is possible you feel frantic and are wondering how you can get everything accomplished. Breathe and stay composed. Think about how you can make better use of your time?
What is time? By definition time is “the point or period at which things occur.” This is easy enough to understand. The truth of the matter is, there are and always will be 60 seconds in a minute, 60 minutes in an hour, 24 hours in a day, 365 days a year. Time does not change. Time is time and is transcendent. We have felt how time can drag on and on. We have also experienced how time flies. How we choose to mange our time is up to us. You can control your schedule. If you are unorganized and find that you do not have time for myriad tasks, reevaluate your daily rituals.
How can you become the master of your time? Truthfully you already are the master of your time. There are some techniques you can apply to help manage your life. First, think about what currently works for you. Can you improve on what is working for you? If so, how? Organized professionals generally have a calendar of their daily events they need to address. So let’s get organized!
Here are some tips to get you on your way to productivity…
- Here areHere Rise early and spend the first 30 minutes to plan your day. Your day should not move forward until you have a plan for your day. This will allow you to feel organized. Scheduling your day is the most important part of your day.
- When wWhen scheduling appointments dedicate a certain amount of time for your meeting. Have a beginning and an end. Strive to remain on task with the schedule times.
- Be prepared for interruptions. Therefore, schedule time and realize people will need your guidance and assistance throughout the day. Business owners are the go-to person and are interrupted numerous times. If this is you, plan accordingly.
- If you have an important call to make or have a scheduled meeting, prep for five to ten minutes. Even if you are prepared you will feel more confident in your delivery.
- Get a “DO NOT DISTURB” sign for your office door. When you absolutely need time, hang the sign.
- Just because your phone is ringing doesn’t mean you have to answer immediately. Unless of course you are waiting for the call. This includes emails as well.
- Disconnect instant messaging, Facebook , Twitter and Instagram alerts. Unless these messages are crucial to your business, social networking can wait.
- Set realistic goals and appointments. Don’t place 50 items on your to-do list. This will lead to panic and frustration.
Managing your time will be the key to your success. Plan your work and work your plan. You can and will be successful and productive.
Bronwyn Ison is the Owner of Evolve Yoga. www.e-volveyoga.com or (760)564-YOGA (9642)