BY DR MARIA LOMBARDO
It sure is hot these days! Higher temperatures can lead to lower energy, less activity and a general summer malaise. How do you stay feeling, and looking, great this summer? Dr. Maria Lombardo has some great tips to surviving the summer temperatures and staying on top of your game all year round!
1. A good night’s sleep is essential for healthy skin & well-being! No one can sleep for you so take care to get enough & have the right environment to do it! That means about 8 hours in a darkened room – light can disrupt sleep and make you feel unrested even after the correct number of hours.
2. When you sleep your skin repairs itself – get a good moisturizer so that your skin can do its job well.
3. No matter what moisturizer you use, staying hydrated from the inside is essential for healthy skin & it helps flush toxins out of your body! Don’t forget that we live in a desert… you need more water to stay hydrated than people who live elsewhere! This is especially true in the summer, high heat months. A good rule of thumb is your weight in pounds divided by 2 = the number of ounces of water you need per day!
4. Everyone knows to wear sunscreen at the pool or playing sports… Here in Southern California you need a minimum of SPF 15 every day to prevent sun damage. Even if you aren’t outside all day!
5. Summer is here and we are wearing less: shorts and sleeveless tops, not to mention swimsuits… if you are trying to lose those last few pounds to get into your bikini… Eating fresh, whole veggie, fruits, nuts & meats is the way to go! Avoiding processed foods and sugars is necessary too. The hCG diet can help you jump start the weight loss using those same foods.
6. Every cell in your body has a wall made of mostly fats! Eat healthy, good fats every day to have healthy cells! This means skin cells, blood cells & brain cells too! Omega-3 oils or capsule supplements can be helpful too.
7. Frowning & worry lines making you look angry? It might be time to try Botox to soften those lines so people will stop asking you “why are you so mad?” Sometimes the best trick to beating the heat is looking cool!
Dr. Maria Lombardo, Lombardo Cosmetic Surgery is located in Rancho Mirage. She specializes in both surgical and non-surgical cosmetic procedures including (but not limited to) facial, body and breast surgery, Botox, Latisse, and hCG diet program. For a consultation or more information, visit lombardocosmeticsurgery.com or call 760-610-8990