By Aimee Mosco
When you look at yourself in the mirror, you see what everyone else sees. You see a body. You see the vehicle that carries your inner spirit, but unless you are looking very closely, not your inner spirit itself. Your physical body only tells part of your story. You can’t see your defining moments, your wisdom, your thoughts or your beliefs. You must use inner vision to connect with the unseen puzzle pieces that truly define you in your totality.
It is helpful to remember too, that your totality is vast because it extends beyond the confines on a single lifetime. Your inner self is the eternal part of you, and this part of you has sought growth across time spanning many lifetimes. Your inner self (or inner spirit) has cultivated a wealth of wisdom from countless perspectives and through multitudes of defining moments.
Not only is your inner self a plentiful resource of wisdom, but it is the force that guides you on your journey through life. Your inner spirit is your most trusted guide and authority. If you have not intentionally forged a conscious connection with your inner self, you have not fully accessed the divine resources held within the confines of your eternal memory banks, and you have not fully opened to guidance that truly honors you.
If you are looking to tap into these inner resources available to you, here are some tips on how to forge a conscious connection with your inner self:
- Listen to your intuition. If you feel drawn to opening yourself to receive from your inner spirit in a more conscious way, express this intention – “I choose to accept and receive guidance from my inner spirit.”
- Several times throughout your day make a statement of affirmation such as this – “I am securely connected with my inner self, and I am receiving with grace and ease the purest of communications from that part of me.”
- When you are looking for guidance with specific challenges make a request of your inner spirit such as this – “I choose to receive information and assistance from my inner spirit in a clear manner with the following situation…” State the situation.
- Build and cultivate an open line of communication by expressing appreciation for this connection each night before you go to sleep – “I am grateful for the opportunity to further open to more conscious communications with my inner self.”
- Understand that it takes consistency and practice to open more fully and consciously to these communications. The communications may come in subtle forms such as dreams or casual conversations with strangers. So, be ready to pay close attention.
Make friends with your inner spirit. Be intentional with your requests for assistance and use your creativity to accelerate your growth to the highest possible degree.
Aimee Mosco is an Author, Intuitive Channel, Spiritual Teacher and Co-Founder of Intentional Healing Systems, LLC. Aimee’s desire to help others inspired her first book “Gratitude + Forgiveness x (LOVE) = Happiness”. Aimee serves as Vice Chair to the World Game Changers Board of Directors, a charitable CIC based in the UK. Find Aimee’s Channeling page on Facebook with @ihsaimeemosco or visit Aimee at www.ihsunity.com