BY MICHELLE BORTHWICK
Are you new to Keto and need some encouragement? Congratulations for making the decision to choose the Keto lifestyle. Going Keto, particularly if you’re not coming from a low-carb, or Paleo lifestyle, could have some challenges in the beginning since it’s a big change in the foods you eat and your mindset about food.
It’s an easy diet but may seem complicated until you learn the ropes and start reaping the amazing benefits of Keto. It’s worth it! Just Keep Going and here are a few tips to keep you Keto Strong:
- When you first start Keto, you are super motivated to change your ways. Your mind is strong. You feel empowered and in control of your food. Take advantage of that! It will pay off in spades. There are fun memes, recipes and Keto inspiration online. Use them and do whatever it takes to Just Keep Going!
- Download an app like Carb Manager to track your food for the first few months. It will make your life easier and you will be assured you are doing Keto the right way. It’s also a great opportunity to learn about the amount of fat, protein and carbs (macros) in your food and help you make the right food choices. Eventually, you’ll be able to do eat intuitively without the app, but it helps with the learning curve in the beginning until it becomes second nature. Just Keep Going!
- Keto offers delicious foods and you shouldn’t be hungry n (ever) which makes this diet very appealing. Be prepared and always have Keto foods on hand. You will avoid temptation to eat a non-Keto food and it will keep you satisfied. Just Keep Going!
- Let the initial weight loss you have on Keto, and it often happens quickly, be your motivation to stick with the Keto diet and see how far you can go. You will be amazed at the transformation that takes place. Just Keep Going!
- Read all labels even if they say Keto. I can’t stress this enough. Hidden sugar is in a high percentage of our foods. If you’d like my 57 Names for Hidden Sugar, ask me and I’ll send you a copy. You may feel frustrated and misled. Inform yourself and Just Keep Going!
- Don’t get discouraged if the weight loss slows down at some point. Unfortunately, this is when most people quit or get frustrated or say it’s too hard or it just doesn’t work. This is a pivotal point where some adjustments in your diet and macros can be made to help you shed those extra pounds. It will happen if you stick with it and it will be become easier every day until it’s your new normal. Just Keep Going!
- You may get frustrated over reading labels, modifying your orders while dining out, not being sure how to track your macros ( or even what they should be)or having to cook/prep and spend a little more time in the kitchen. Just Keep Going!
- Don’t compare your results to others or your own expectations. Everyone has different results depending on age, genetics, overall health, hormones and more. Trust the process and Just Keep Going!
Stay optimistic, educate yourself on Keto and the science behind it, get creative with the foods you eat and be open to where your Keto Journey can take you. Just Keep Going!
About Michelle Borthwick: Michelle is a Keto Lifestyle coach, a Seasoned expert on Customized Keto. Keto weight loss results can be improved with Coaching, Customization, Accountability and a trusted partner to guide you every step of the way. Michelle offers private sessions, proven Keto diet hacks, meal plans, goal setting and more. If you are interested in how Keto can work for you and your lifestyle, book a complimentary private coaching session online at KetoIsEasyCoach.com