AS A YOUNG BOY I WOULD MARVEL AT SOME OF THE RANDOM THOUGHTS OF GREAT THINKERS LIKE WILL ROGERS.
Here are a few of my less insightful ones.
DON’T DRINK AND DRIVE OR BE IMPAIRED WITH MJ.
REMEMBER DUI MEANS BEING IMPAIRED WITH EITHER ALCOHOL OR A PRESCRIPTIVE OR NON PRESCRIPTIVE DRUG…LIKE MJ
A Personal Injury (PI) Lawyer is a safety lawyer. We got after people that have violated safety laws resulting in an accident.
There are 10 x’s more people hurt from violations of Safety Laws than Criminal laws.
The DA is a hero by going after the bad guys…PI Lawyers do the same thing by going after people that violate safety laws resulting in injuries to others.
A Drowsy Driver is just as bad as A DUI DRIVER.
Texting while driving is just as bad as Drinking and Driving
There is no such thing as ONE BEST ATTORNEY for a serious accident case. It depends on a number of factors! Handling a Truck accident is different from an Auto/Motorcycle, Uber/Lyft or Slip and Fall Accident.
The best lawyer may depend on what court you are going to, who is the judge, which insurance company are you fighting etc.
- Accidents will happen: I help clients cope with pain and suffering and other issues.
- You had an accident… now what will happen? Use your phone to gather info and take pix of the scene, CDL, Insurance Card etc
- Law is an information/documentation gathering game and communication is a 2 way street. If your lawyer doesn’t return your calls… change lawyers. Some lawyers and doctors are arrogant jerks…….Fire them. The fee will be split between the new and old lawyer. It will not cost you .01 cent more.
- Remember SILENCE IS GOLDEN: DON’T TALK TO THE INSURANCE CO. IT’S NOT JUST WHAT YOU SAID BUT RATHER WHAT THE INSURANCE ADJUSTER OR DEFENSE LAWYER THOUGHT YOU SAID.
- SHARE ALL INFO WITH YOUR LAWYER WHO WILL COACH YOU ON WHAT YOU CAN SHARE.
- DON’T GO TO YOUR OWN DOCTOR OR ANOTHER DOC, WITHOUT FIRST DISCUSSING IT WITH YOUR LAWYER. WE ALL HAVE THINGS IN OUR MED RECORDS THAT WILL CAUSE SOME JURORS TO THINK LESS OF YOU…(ABORTION; DRUG /ALCOHOL ABUSE; PRIOR ACCIDENTS; SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASE ETC…..
7.Wear a mask…it is a question of mutual respect for your neighbors and it is the right thing to do……..it is not just for your protection but that of others……..we have to all do the right thing.
8.Wearing a mask is like not drinking and driving…it is not just you that you are protecting, but the next guy too. You should not just be concerned about your getting in an accident and hurting yourself, but rather about that next innocent guy that could be hit by you. Not wearing a mask is grossly irresponsible……..not just so you won’t get Covid, but also so the next person won’t get it from you.
- Sometimes Common Sense is not so Common.
10.Communication requires family member to talk to the lawyer too. Sometimes the client is not the best historian. In other words the plaintiff is not aware of some things they are doing that are different. The family must share that with the lawyer.
- In some instances, even when you do everything right, the pain for NOT go away.
- There is no test that can prove there is not pain in your back.
- However there are different ways to test for Malingering.
- Sometime things happen that change a case when the police arrive for an accident or DUI.
- If you have brain cancer, you don’t ask your dentist “what should I do?” If your car has a problem, you don’t seek help from a plumber!
Do your homework before hiring a lawyer…especially one on TV that is overwhelmed resulting in your talking to someone assigned to your case that has NO legal training.
- The public should not care what an athlete or celebrity endorses as an attorney? If we want to know about football, then depending on the information we seek, we might consult with the athlete. However, even a quarterback doesn’t seek advice on playing his position from a defensive tackle!
- There is a wave of Covid 19 SCAMS that will hit soon.
- It is even more important during the age of COVID, that we all stand together…as we stand 6 feet apart.
- Numbers: The Freshman 15 vs Covid 19…both referring to pounds gained from 1st year of college or 1 year of Covid19 at home.
DRINKING AND TEXTING BOTH CAUSE ACCIDENTS OR MAKE A DRIVER LESS LIKELY TO AVOID AN ACCIDENT, THAT WOULD NOT BE THEIR FAULT. BEING INTOXICATED, IS JUST AS SERIOUS AS BEING INTEXTICATED. A DRIVER MUST DO EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO AVOID AN AT FAULT ACCIDENT. THE BOTTOM LINE IS “DON’T DRINK AND DRIVE OR TEXT AND GET A DUI OR ACCIDENT… CALL A TAXI, LYFT OR UBER….THEY ARE A LOT CHEAPER THAN CALLING ME”
Ideas for future columns contact Dale Gribow 760-837-7500 or email@example.com.
Legal Representation Of The Injured and Criminally Accused
“TOP LAWYER” – California’s Prestige Magazine, Palm Springs Life (PI/DUI) 2011-21
“TOP LAWYER” – Inland Empire Magazine 2016- 2019