What is Reiki? Reiki is the healing movement of energy. This moving energy is triggered and released from the power source of a master Reiki healer; The source power is always connected to the ultimate vibration of creator; to help with pain, that is physical, emotional, mental, or spiritual. Bringing the body into balance, says Reiki healer Michelle from the Rainbow Stew gift shop in Yucca Valley.
The shop has a tremendous amount of healing stones, books on healing, tarot cards, and other divinity tools that can help people achieve a better understanding of how energy, mind, body, and spirit can work. I had asked Michelle, and her two partners Valerie and Stacy- what are some of your favorite healing stones? Their top four stones:
- Black tourmaline: Tourmaline is a crystalline silicate mineral group in which boron is compounded with elements such as aluminum, iron, magnesium, sodium, lithium, and potassium. The healing properties of tourmaline or Schorl; it has the power to get rid of negative energies. Further it can ward off negative forces—within a natural and supernatural environment. I always have a piece of tourmaline with me when I am driving and when I am in public places. Further, black tourmaline is connected to the sign of Capricorn and the root chakra.
- Rose quartz: Rose Quartz and quartz minerals- is a hard, crystalline mineral composed of silica; with atoms connected in a continuous shell of silicon-oxygen tetrahedra, all its oxygen being shared between two tetrahedra. Which ignites the healing power of love! Attached to the heart and the throat chakra which can help heal communication between loved ones and friends; aids in all types of love and self-care, rose quartz can come from Japan, Madagascar, Brazil, and the USA. It’s historically been linked to the Greek Gods of love, Aphrodite, and Adonis. The rose quartz is connected to the zodiac sign of Taurus and to the heart chakra.
- Moonstone: Moonstone is a sodium potassium aluminum silicate of the feldspar group that displays a pearly and iridescent sheen, it is also know as heliolite in most geology texts. For the empaths and lightworkers the healing benefits of moonstone can aid in telepathy. Moonstone helps facilitate not only in non-verbal communication but in all types of communication. It has the power of sight for those who are clairvoyant, and it greatly helps those in touch with higher vibrations, receiving clear messages within their own minds. I find this healing stone helpful when I am constantly distracted and cant get focused. The moon stone is connected to the zodiac sign of Cancer and the Crown chakra.
- Labradorite: Labradorite is a calcium-enriched feldspar mineral first identified in Labrador, Canada, which can display an iridescent effect. Labradorite is an intermediate to calcic member of the plagioclase. The healing properties for labradorite is told by the
Inuit people of Alaska. Coming from Anchorage Alaska; the Inuit tribes taught me to cherish the Labradorite Healing Crystal because legend told them that it fell from the frozen fire of the Aurora Borealis, this healing and teaching stone rebirths from ordinary to the extraordinary, ignited from Gods healing mystical light; it divides the three-dimensional world from other spirit realities or realms. A healers Stone of Magic, the healing medicine of shamans, diviners, light workers, and all other enlightened healers. Labradorite is connected to: numbers 6 and 7; chakras of the Third Eye, crown and throat; elements of air and water; and the zodiac signs of Leo, Scorpio, and Sagittarius. Further labradorite is connected to the planet Uranus.
The healing power of Reiki and earth medicines or crystals can be an alternative to someone who is searching for a non-invasive ways of healing. The Japanese, where the technique originates from: is performed for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. It is performed and administered by “laying on healing Hands” and is believed that an unseen “healing force of energy” currents through a person’s life energy or soul allowing the body to be healed by the Reiki master.
Reiki has been used to help treat:
- heart disease
- neurodegenerative disorders
- Crohn’s disease
For more information on Reiki and medicine stones you can visit Michelle, Valerie, and Stacy at the Rainbow Stew and learn about the gifts that feed the mind and spirit.
55501 Twentynine Palms Highway
Yucca Valley Ca, 92284
Further on January 20th & 21st from 2pm-9pm; The 420 Bank & Lounge in downtown Palm Springs (296 Palm Canyon, Palm Springs Ca. (760-318-6877) are having a wellness weekend full of sound baths, music, yoga, tarot readings, drum circle, and more.
Please be advised: Always consult with your health care provider when exploring other methods of healing.