- Call Police.
- Retain a LOCAL CV PI Lawyer asap. If insurance co’s treated Victims Fairly, Lawyers would be out of business. Your attorney will help you face the complexities of the case.
There is a saying, “little hinges swing big doors”. You don’t need the biggest LA or Riverside law firm where you get lost with a junior associate holding your hand…rather than a smaller firm where you deal with the head of the office. DO YOU WANT A LAWYER THAT IS COMPETENT, QUICK OR CHEAP…….PICK 2. And Remember, you can’t have CHAMPAGNE TASTE ON A BEER BUDGET.
- Be honest and don’t hide prior accidents from your lawyer or doctor? That’s how you lose!
- Don’t miss medical appointments or have gaps in treatment.
- Purchase adequate auto insurance with UM…not the $15k minimum!
- Follow your lawyer’s advice about auto repairs.
- Silence is Golden. Remember it’s not just what you say, but what they thought you said.
- Get immediate medical treatment with attorneys ok.
- Don’t treat with the wrong doctor.
- Don’t handle the case yourself.
- Treat with a doctor experienced in preparing Med/Legal Reports.
- TAKE DOWN SOCIAL MEDIA (FACEBOOK/TWITTER etc): Don’t post that you’re feeling great or running to play tennis or golf. The insurance company will argue if you were well enough to play a sport you couldn’t be hurt that badly.
Social media is the biggest advance for insurance companies, who no longer have to hire private investigators. They learn from your daily posts how you are doing and that could be the kiss of death for your case. Take down your social media until the case is over. The insurance company can learn of your friends and have investigators talk to them and learn how healthy you are. Your friends may assume you are ok because you do not complain.
- Retain a local, experienced, PI lawyer, not someone you see advertising on TV. You deserve sound legal results, not soundbites.
- Plan now who you would call if you had an ACCIDENT or DUI. No one likes a lawyer, until they need one. Decide now before you are stressed with the PI/DUI matter.
DO YOU WANT A LAWYER THAT IS COMPETENT, QUICK OR CHEAP…….PICK 2.
And Remember, you can’t have CHAMPAGNE TASTE ON BEER BUDGET.
INSURANCE COMPANIES DO WHATEVER THEY CAN TO PAY LESS MONEY ON AUTO, HURRICANE, FLOOD OR FIRE CLAIMS… IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE THE KIND OF CLAIM. THUS YOU MUST PUT AN EXPERIENCED ACCIDENT LAWYER IN YOUR CORNER
I look upon my job as protecting the Constitutional Rights of every American who drinks, drives and gets arrested for a DUI or has an ACCIDENT.
I do however “Change Hats” when I SUE Drunk Drivers for damages to my Injured or Deceased (Wrongful Death) clients.
REPRESENTING THE INJURED AND CRIMINALLY ACCUSED
“TOP LAWYER” – California’s Prestige Magazine, Palm Springs Life (PI/DUI) 2011-23
“TOP LAWYER” – Inland Empire Magazine
PERFECT 10.0 AVVO Peer Rating
5 STAR RATING
Legal Columnist for LA/CV Papers/Society Columnist, Desert Sun / Legal Talk Show Host “ACCIDENTALLY YOURS”
“DON’T DRINK AND DRIVE OR TEXT AND GET A DUI OR ACCIDENT. CALL A TAXI, LYFT OR UBER. THEY ARE A LOT CHEAPER THAN CALLING ME”. SO DRIVE SOBER OR GET PULLED OVER.
For questions or suggestions for future columns contact email@example.com or 760 837 7500