Palm Springs, CA
ARTICLE & PHOTOS BY LYNNE TUCKER
- Realize a ‘true’ Farmers’ Market with over 50% of vendors being certified farmers.
- Pursue ongoing fresh produce that is from ‘certified organic’ farms, the goal being to have at least 50% of farmers/vendors ‘all organic’ at all times.
- Improve the nutrition of the community by offering the highest quality seasonal and local produce.
- Assist area farmers and vendors with sustainable business opportunities.
- Provide a vehicle to educate the community on the importance of nutrition, fresh produce and organic options to better health.
- Develop a festive and cultural meeting place with fresh flowers, plants, music and local entertainment. The CFM then becomes an important and inviting venue for the community.
- Continue outreach and incentive programs to lower income individuals, families, children and all seniors in the Coachella Valley.
The mission of the Palm Springs Cultural Center’s Certified Farmers’ Market Program is to serve as a community gathering place where local farmers and vendors can offer fresh agricultural and related products.
All of the Farmers own and operate State Certified Farms. Some are certified organic, and all hold State and County Certificates guaranteeing that what you buy is grown on their
June to Sept
8 AM to 1 PM
Inside the Palm Springs
Oct to May
8:30 AM to 1:30 PM
In the Palm Springs Cultural Center
The Palm Springs Cultural Center is a non-profit, 501© 3.
Think healthy and visit your local Certified Farmers Market!